"Superfoods" is a very new marketing term. It identifies a group of foods which have numerous health benefits for our bodies. Try adding them to your daily diet (even if you don't like the taste)!
Research new recipes, make it fun! Pick one item from each category listed below/ above and add it to your weekly menu. Switch it up next week. Replace a doughnut with an avocado. A cup of sweetened coffee with a cup of green tea. A soda with kombucha. A pack of chips with a handful of nuts. Are you still reading this?! If you are, then I know you can do it!
- Dark Leafy Greens (spinach, kale, Swiss chard, collard greens, turnip greens)
- Nuts (almonds, Brazil nuts, pistachios, pecans, walnuts, cashews)
- Berries (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, cranberries, Goji berries)
- Seeds (pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds)
- Roots (garlic, ginger, turmeric)
- Oils (olive oil, avocado oil)
- Fermented foods (kefir/yogurt, kombucha)
- Green Tea